Venture Photography Derby
The Derby Experience
Whatever your story is, our photography will reveal it. Whether experiencing Venture for yourself or buying a Venture photographic session as a gift, the end result will be an invaluable personal work of art for your home.
We are confident that you will enjoy your Venture photoshoot experience and cherish your images and our hand-crafted frames and designs.
Meet the Team
We like to think we are a friendly bunch here at Venture Derby; at least that is what our client's keep telling us!
We are passionate about what we do and enjoy working with our client's to create a truly unforgettable and unique experience.
Our Bookings Team
Rachel- Bookings Advisor
Rachel has worked for Venture on and off for five years, she keeps leaving to have babies! We would describe Rach as very funny, loud and feisty! She loves working here, chatting to different people and socialising, she organises all of our team events including our recent ghost walk! She is Keith Lemon without the ginger hair!
Meet the Photographers
Beki- Photographer and Pre-viewer
Beki has been with Venture Derby for about 6 months, she is a big traveller, always feeling positive and energetic she knows how to get the kids excited running around the studio and its especially rewarding for Beki during the session when client’s have been apprehensive about it but ended up loving it! If only she could remember everyone’s names!
Sally has been at Venture Derby for three and a half years, it’s her job to make sure that everyone is made aware of all of the Venture gossip and news. She is the organiser and you can hear her laugh a mile away! She loves to see the different items that people bring along to there session, her favourite being a mountain of chocolate, but not so keen on the bananas - scary stuff!
Emma is one of our three photographers, she loves shooting in the studio and takes great pride in creating images that her Venture families will love forever!
Emma lives by the ethos that photography makes time stand still. She loves capturing those spontaneous once in a life time moments and seeing them created into a stunning print. The fact that she gets to do this daily gives her a warm fuzzy feeling that lasts all day!
When Emma's not shooting in the studio she is at home watching talking cats on Youtube!
Charlotte is our free spirited photographer, her light hearted, friendly attitude brings out the best in people and results in her constantly capturing amazing images of any one (human or animal) that comes to the studio!
As well as being an amazing photographer Charlotte is our chief tea maker in the studio as makes an amazing cuppa! When you come to the studio be sure to ask for one of Charlotte's teas to get you settled in and make you feel at home ready for your shoot!
Stacey is another long-standing member of the team, having been here for over five years. She is amazingly witty, talented and beautiful but often prone to exaggeration!!
As well as being an awesome photographer Paul is our Photography manager, he has bags of experience, he been taking pictures here for over 8 years. Paul is our silver haired family guy who's infectious personality will get anyone giggling in the studio. If there was a 'Venture nicest guy' award Paul would win bronze, silver and gold each year!
Paul's eternal quest for creativity drives him to constantly capture your special moments in the studio in an innovative way. His only down fall is his love of Curly Wurlys, when he is not shooting he is eating one so be sure to tell him if he has some chocolate around his mouth when you see him!!
We have free car parking at the rear of the studio for Venture clients. Note, the Car Parking bays at the front of the studio are Pay and Display at all times (so use ours for free!).
The Derby studio is fully equipped with baby changing facilities. Our studio also has a private changing area and customer bathroom facilities.
We can arrange shipment of your Venture images to virtually anywhere in the world.
Same Day Service
If you require your Venture Experience to take place within the same day, we can arrange a morning portrait session and then whilst you have lunch in one of the many bars and restaurants in the Cathedral Quarter we'll prepare your images for an afternoon viewing. Please speak to a member of our bookings team who will be more than happy to arrange this for you and your family.
*Additional charges may apply
At Venture Derby we are able to provide a number of different photographic services in our studio including:
Family Portrait Photography
Baby and New Born Photography
Pregnancy and Maternity Photography
Dog, Cat and Other Pet Portrait Photography
Frankie and Bennys
Located in the Cathedral Quarter and only five minutes away from the Venture Derby studio, Frankie and Bennys- winner of the Best Italian Restaurant 2009 award offers a family orientated relaxed atmosphere, quick service and a superb menu.
Our focus remains constant; to offer a warm welcome and friendly service that makes everybody feel at home. We look forward to welcoming Venture Derby customers to our restaurant after or before your Venture Photographic Session or previewing your images to enjoy a relaxing meal or even nibbles and a few drinks. Find out more
Venture and Zest- The Perfect Partnership for a fantastic day out!
Why not make a day of your Photography session and enjoy either a Champagne Breakfast or Lunch at Zest at Bennetts or Restaurant Zest with a special 20% off for all Venture Clients.
They are both conveniently located in the Cathedral Quarter so enjoy a stroll to your chosen eatery with time to take in the great shops, historical landmarks and stunning exhibits in this historical area.Visit Zest online. A la Carte Menu
Beaufort Dental Healthcare
Are you usually scared of going to the Dentist? Well how can you be scared of this lovely bunch?
Venture have a joined forces with Beaufort Dental Care in a corporate partnership.
Beaufort Dental Care's lucky clients now have the opportunity to experience a Venture family portrait session at our Derby studio with a complimentary £215 Family experience voucher.
Cathedral Quarter Discount
Venture is proud to sit in Derby's Cathedral Quarter - an individual, diverse and inspiring part of the city. You can buy a discount card for the Cathedral Quarter which gives you special offers and money off in over 70 CQ businesses. Go to the CQ website to find out more. The 'I Love the Cathdral Quarter' Cards cost just £5 (you can buy on-line) and give you between 5 and 50% off in many shops, venues and professional services as well as receiving a special magazine 3 times a year and notifications of events and promotions taking place in the CQ.
Venture Derby have a close corporate partnership with Lexus.
Anyone that purchases a Lexus Car in Derby will now have the opportunity to experience a Venture family photoshoot at our Derby studio with a complimentary £215 Family experience voucher as a thank you from Lexus.
5 Queen Street The Cathedral Quarter Derby DE1 3DL
t: 01332 227790
- We came in trepidation - and we went away completely "blown away" by the experience.
- The experience was far and beyond our expectations. It was more than having your photograph taken. It was an enlightening afternoon that made me realise what a beautiful family we have. Our photographer was sensitive to our every need.
- From start to finish the experience has been friendly, attentive and enjoyable. We have captured a time that was very precious!
- We booked our Venture Experience as we were celebrating a 40th birthday between 3 friends who have known each other for 36 years! We wanted to capture our best, worst and fun sides. We had all been to Venture before and knew that they were the place to go to do this. As expected, everything was relaxed and only for one photograph did we manage to stop laughing! The end result was fantastic, even better than we expect...read more
The Story of ‘Charlie’s Angels’
- We are totally delighted with the service we received at Venture. We had a fantastic experience, in fact I think it is one of the best experiences we have ever had! I would strongly recommend Venture to everyone!
The Story of ‘Little Boy Blue’
- In all honesty we turned up stressed having rushed to get everyone ready for the studio, but we received a fantastic welcome from the team at Venture. After 5 minutes we were all really relaxed and the children loved having the opportunity to show-off! We can't wait to get our amazing Linear pieces on the wall!
The Story of ‘Striking a Pose’
- From start to finish everyone involved with our experience and every element of it was of the highest level! Venture exceeded our expectations by miles. We would like to thank our photographer for her outstanding work and obvious talent- she has captured our daughter beautifully! Many Many Thanks Mark, Denisa & Pixie!
The Story of ‘The Cutest Little Girl’
- When the Redgrave Family visited us it wasn't only Theo's favourite dinosaur that could roar! Having been to Venture Derby before in 2007 when their little man was tiny, the Redgraves were well versed in what we aim to capture and, once again, had a 'thoroughly enjoyable' experience!
The Story of ‘The Last Dinosaur’
- Our time at Venture was very enjoyable, relaxed and we found that the final product far exceeded our expectations. Our photographer was obviously extremely talented and this really came through in our pictures!
The Story of ‘The Little Princesses’
- Nothing could prepare us for how hard it was to choose from all the fantastic images our photographer captured of our family! Everything from making our appointment, getting inspiration from the images on the website and our consultation with the photographer prior to the session was excellent and we are delighted with our final products!
The Story of ‘The Lizard Wiggle’