1.Insurance- It is essential to have pet insurance for each animal as you don’t want to be stuck with a large bill because your cat suddenly got ticks. Many families assume that they need individual insurance for the individual pet. However, insurances have caught onto the fact that we as a nation love our pets and so they introduced multi pet insurance. This allows renewing your insurance to be quick, simple and straight forward!
2. Food - Ensure that you have thoroughly researched what pet food is best for each pet. Feeding your pet the wrong pet food for a different animal can not only give your pet an upset stomach, but it can also be really dangerous! Some animals are strictly not allowed specific types of food; therefore it is really important that this is researched.
3. Introducing your pets to one another - this can be quite difficult as different pets have different temperaments. This isn’t always down to the type of animal either. You may find that your dog and cat get on like best friends, but you also might find that two dogs don’t get along due to their personalities. Therefore when you introduce your pets, ensure that this is in a safe environment and somewhere where if things got out of hand you can easily intervene. You also want to make sure that both pets feel safe and comfortable, for example if you have a nervous rabbit, don’t just put your new kitten next to him and expect everything to be ok.
4. Patience- Don’t rush your pets into anything because you think that they HAVE to get along. Sometimes they just don’t and you need to be prepared for this. Other times they get on so well you wonder what life was like when they had never met!
5. Attention- If you are bringing a new pet into the family, make sure they all have equal attention. You don’t want any of them feeling left out, but you also don’t want the new pet to feel that they are more important and special as this can cause dominance issues as they grow up.
6.Positive behaviour- help establish positive behaviour with all pets, they need to know feel that positive behaviour will be rewarded
7. Health - Remember that changes in health status, environment, or the loss of one pet can lead to changes in the relationships between even long-time companions.
Here at Venture Studios we welcome all pets! It's not too late to enter our What Makes Your Faithful Friend Part Of the Family competition!! Click the link below to find out more information on how to enter and win your faithful friend a YEARS SUPPLY OF PET FOOD! We have lots of cateogries to enter so lets see if your faithful friend has what it takes!WIN A YEARS SUPPLY OF PET FOOD-CLICK HERE
Join the Creating Memories Club for useful information and offers.