1. Venture Studios
Of course if you are lucky enough to explore Leeds, then our Leeds studio is a great place to spend quality time with the family. Getting a Venture photoshoot is a great day out for all members; the fun and friendly staff at the Leeds photography studio take extra care and time to make your experience one to remember. You will leave the studio in stitches after having fun on set! Not only is this an unforgettable experience for the whole family, but you will also leave with a set of award winning professional photography portraits to remember the entire experience!
In Leeds you are spoilt for choice when it comes to shopping! Whether you are looking for high street brands, independent boutiques or if you are looking for designer stores, Leeds has everything that you are looking for!
- High Street Brands:If you are looking for stores such as H&M, River Island, Topshop, etc. Then Trinity is the perfect shopping experience! With over 120 shops, cafes, bars, and restaurants there is something for everyone. Trinity is also home to the only Everyman cinema in the north of England.
- Markets: Kirkgate Market in the city centre has over 400 stalls inside and an additional 200 stalls outside! The spectacular building is listed as Grade I dating from 1875 and is one of the largest covered markets in Europe!
- Designer Shopping: Victoria Quarter is where to go if you are in search of luxury brands; you can find designer brands such as Vivienne Westwood, Louis Vuitton, Ted Baker, The Kooples and so many more. Harvey Nichols is also lucky enough to call the Victoria Quarter home
-Independent Boutiques and Vintage stores The Corn Exchange provides one off fashion pieces, vintage pleasures and unique gifts!
3. Eating Out
Eating out in Leeds can be a difficult choice as there is so much to choose from! Where you go totally depends on what it is in mind you are in search off. However here is the list of some spectacular restaurants and eating places that you must visit if you go to Leeds.
- Belgrave is an independent venue that offers music, art, film and food across 3 floors! They have an amazing roof terrace and host open mic nights, comedy clubs, and bands regularly play!
- The Man Behind The Curtain (A Michelin Star restaurant)
- Crafthouse (a more traditional menu that celebrates with the best of British, they use local cuts of meat cooked to perfection!)
- Nash’s (Fantastic fish & chips)
- Fazenda (you can enjoy every type of meat you can imagine, whilst the servers bring around the meats on skewers to your table)
- If you are looking for afternoon Treats= Just Grand, Vintage Tea Room, City Cafe, Harvey Nichols Espresso Bar.
- Coffee Shops= Mrs. Atha’s, La Botegga Milanese and Layne’s Espresso
There are so many different theatres for you to choose from if you are looking for a little bit of drama and theatre. Below is the list of theatres you could attend in Leeds
Leeds Grand Theatre West Yorkshire PlayhouseNorthern Ballet
If you are looking for a comedy club, HiFi Club run The Comedy Sessions every Saturday and Pryzm is home to the Jason Manford Comedy Club!
5. Live Music and Events
Belgrave Hall is quickly becoming one of the most popular live music venues in Leeds. However if you are looking for a larger crowd/audience, then First Direct Arena is located in the city centre with easy access!
6. Nightlife in Leeds
There are many bars and clubs that you can attend in Leeds, it all depends what you are after! Tiger Tiger is one of the most popular nightclubs in the UK but it is also one of the biggest nightclubs in Leeds, with eight bars and six dance floors you are sure to have a great night! If you are looking for a bar crawl then Call Lane is the place to be, offering everything from Revolution, to Jakes Bar, to independent gin bars Call Lane has a bar for every taste.
If you are a big sports fan then Leeds is home to Leeds United FC, formed in 1919 and Based at Elland Road Football Stadium, Leeds United FC is traditionally one of the biggest clubs in UK football. If you are a rugby fan, then Leeds Rhinos stadium is situated in Headingly which is conveniently the student area in Leeds, so you can grab a cheeky drink at cheap prices on the way!
8. Fun for all the Family
When it comes to finding something for all of the family it can be tricky… but Leeds has some fantastic attractions that everyone will love!
-Tropical world: home to rare birds, crocodiles, butterflies, bats, spiders, & meerkats!
-The Donkey Sanctuary: an international animal welfare charity, based in the UK, working to protect and care for donkeys and mules
-Temple Newsam House and Farm:feed the goats and pigs whilst enjoying the country views!
9. NATIONAL COAL MINING MUSEUM FOR ENGLAND
Go for a dig 140 metres underground and discover what life was like working in a mine-this is a great treat for everyone!
10.Leeds City Museum
Leeds City Museum offers an exciting, fun and interactive day out for all the family, with six galleries in total you are guaranteed to have a fun and educating afternoon.
If you are lucky enough to visit Leeds at Christmas time, then you have to visit the German Markets based in Millenium Square! Visit http://www.leeds.gov.uk/events/Pages/default.aspx for updated events in and around Leeds!
Don't forget to book a studio session with our Leeds team whilst visit! Leeds photography studio page can be found here! LEEDS STUDIO or if you would like to book at one of our other studios, then you can find your nearest studio here- Find your local studio!