1. Wear something that you feel comfortable in - remember this day is all about you, no one else. It is really important that you feel relaxed and at ease in the session, if you are feeling uncomfortable this will show in the images.
2. Simplistic- The beauty of a mother anticipating the arrival of her child should be captured in a natural environment- we don’t need fuss to tell your story. The more simple the photograph, the more attention and will be on the bump.
3. Don’t forget the rest of the family- A bump shoot doesn’t need or require the shoot to be solo; a baby creates a family unit so bring the siblings or even the dog along to the shoot! We want to tell your story!
4.Try something different! - We have created some fantastic imagery using simple and traditional forms of pregnancy shoots, but we have also had fantastic shoot doing something different! Just remember to have fun with it and don’t take yourself too seriously… let us do the work and you enjoy your session!
5. Dad - It’s always lovely to get a shoot with dad as well; just because Dad isn’t carrying the little guy it doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to get involved! Often men can get into the session more than the mums! We love to highlight the love and tender relationship between mum and dad. This is also great for when you baby grows up, he/she can look back at just how happy they made mum and dad when receiving the news!
6. Be honest-If there is anything you don’t feel comfortable with during the shoot, let us know! We pride ourselves on ensuring that you receive the best service and truly enjoy your session with us. Your photographer will ring you before the session and this is a great time to let him/her know if there is anything in particular you do or don’t want to do.
There is nothing better than looking on the wall and seeing the beautiful memory of the time you were pregnant. It’s a memory that you never want to forget. Capture the beautiful moments, remember the time you gained as much weight as you wanted and no one could say a word, and cherish the memories through the good and bad times!
If you are interested in a bump to baby pregnancy shoot, get in touch with your local studio and let them get you booked in!
Join the Creating Memories Club for useful information and offers.